Saturday, January 3, 2009

The New Year


Well the new year is upon us. As I look at the expansion of my mid-section, I think about the expansion of our ministry in Camden County. We have expanded our campus with new classrooms, meeting rooms, a kitchen, and lots of storage. I have an office! I'm very excited to be able to work outside of my home. I need the privacy and so do Kari and Amelia.

2009 promises to be a great year. It will have its ups and downs, but one thing is for sure. Jesus is still on the throne and has great plans for us. In Jeremiah 29:11, the prophet says, "‘For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." As Christians, we need to keep this verse at the forefront of our minds. As we face the trials and struggles of life, God is there with us, walking with us, guiding us to strengthen our faith, to persevere even in difficult circumstances, to remain steadfast, pure, and holy. He is worthy of our devotion, of our praise, and our adoration. How will you serve Him in 2009?

As for me, I will continue to serve Him in every way I can . . . and I will do it in a slimmer, trimmer profile. Getting rid of all the sweet stuff in my house is the first step. Two more cupcakes, and it's all gone.

1 comment:

The Mckuhen Family said...

Bro Ian,
I feel my family and I are blessed to have been led to C4. We are looking forward to your ministry and pursuing membership, as you guys welcomed us in as family. Together we are excited to serve the Lord through your leadership.

Sincerely, Mr. and Mrs. Ken Mckuhen